Thursday, June 30, 2011

update... kinda

I enjoy blogging a lot. It is kind of a release for me... I enjoy writing. I've been wanting to write for so long now but the thing is that so much has happened since I've last written that it seems so daunting. How do I catch everyone up on everything in one post. Crazyness. Blogging is just like anything else. Once you get out of the habit of doing it it fades away easily. But I've definitely revived this blog before. It's actually kind of funny if you go back and look at it. I started this blog back in high school when Kayd moved to New Mexico and Lorren had one. It was a way to keep update on each others lives in story form rather than just the random posts that were myspace... did I have a myspace then? But then I forgot about it for years. YEARS. Then, as people started moving away for college and getting married and whatnot blogs started up again and I decided to revive mine. I was in a weird stage of life at the time and writing helped. So much has been poured out on this blog. Crazy how open one can be on the internet for everyone to see. But I think for me it has more to do with the fact that it's writing and not talking. More than anything I enjoy this blog as a kind of nostalgia. To be able to go back and see what happened when and how I was feeling. It's super nice because I can't lose it like I might a journal. So yeah. Notice how none of this has been me catching up on my life?

I guess I'll try in super short form. Goodness. Long story short: I stopped my struggling and gave God control of my life. I knew and know he has big things for me. My relationship with him has grown so much it's insane. One of the major things I knew I was/am learning in this season of life is how to let others love me and know me. So how did God see fit that I learn that lesson? In what I consider the best way ever... he brought me the man I'm going to marry :) Seriously insane. It's been a whirlwind of growing, learning, and love. I can't wait to marry the love of my life, Travis. Only 79 days until I can say I do! haha. Not that I'm counting. Not at all. Our story is one that I'm sure many find crazy and unromantic in some ways but everyone who knows me knows that it's exactly something that would happen to me and I can honestly say I wouldn't have it any other way. We're both fond of saying that never before has being un-romantic been so romantic. I'm not going to write out the entire story here because it would take too long. But maybe sometime soon. Or maybe we'll start a blog together... or just for the wedding. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: