Friday, July 01, 2011

Dating :)

Now that the updating is *cough* isn't *cough* done I can tell you about today without lots of confusion. haha.

First off, let me just say that dating has never been my thing. I never did it in high school or college... I just didn't understand the point of dating for fun. Why would anyone want to go on a date/be in a relationship with someone they didn't see themselves marrying? It seemed and still seems like a bad life choice. Too much pain at stake. Can you see why I would be pegged as being unromantic? haha. So much logic.

The fact is that I'd never been on a date until my first date with Travis. (Now come the awwws. haha). It (obviously) went amazingly. However, I still wouldn't necessarily call dating fun... until today. Not that I didn't have fun on any of our previous dates it's just that for the first handful we were very purposeful in our dates. We were trying to find out if we were compatible for marriage... in our eyes that's what dating should be. I distinctly remember us both sitting in Travis' car and declaring that we hated dating around week three... it just so happened to preface a next day discussion facilitated by God that we thought we wanted to get married. haha.

But today's date was the beginning of a lifetime habit we're establishing. We started premarital counseling this last Monday and received lifetime homework. We have to go on one date a week. So this dating is still very purposeful... just in a different way. This is about being romantic. About setting aside time to just spend together and continually seek one another. So fun! It's definitely homework I won't mind doing. So today we went and enjoyed the paddle boats. I hadn't done it since I was little. There is something very peaceful about being on the water... one of my favorite things ever is bodies of water. We then had Cantonese food which was delicious. Next, we started in on making a paper chain that counts down to our wedding day :) Definitely a fabulous date. As much as I never saw dating as particularly fun the game has changed. I'm super excited to spend the rest of my life dating the man who exceeds my dreams.

1 comment:

- Kailene said...

This made me smile. I'm so excited for you. :)