Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Downtown

So I wanted to expand a little bit on the whole downtown experience. I have been out to a few other bars before but until Saturday I hadn't ever been downtown. Which apparently is a completely different experience. Which it was. So Denise and I started off drinking at her house because we didn't want to pay for drinks while we were out, which was just fine by me. We met up with a few of our other friends (and some of hers which I didn't already know) for a cookie exchange party and then headed downtown after. We first went to China Blue and we got into the VIP section which was pretty cool. They had a good DJ and a really cool dance floor that lit up with different colors. It was pretty fun dancing there because we were literally the only onesnon the dance floor. But it was also a little bit awkward because everyone else was just watching is dance. But whatever. We didn't stay there too terribly long because there wasn't that many people here and we were meeting up with a few other people. At least I got to feel important for a little while with my floresent orange wrist band. Haha. Next we headed to Mac and Charlies. This is where we spent most of our time. I had a drink there, and it was really good. I can't even tell you what it was because I let someone else order it for me. I like trying new things. Here's where the story takes a turn. Nohing horrible happened. It was just weird. There were tons of people there and Denise was trying to point people out but it was so loud in there that I could hear her about half the time. I'm not any good at lip reading anyways. So conversation proved difficult. We made our way to the dance floor. I was dancing with the girls when this group of like three guys joined us. Which I am totally fine with. I mean, it's just dancing. No big deal. So I gave him my full attention. This, apparently, was not the best of ideas. Dancing was fine but it got a little uncomfortable when he decided he should place open mouthed kisses on my ear/hair/neck. But I just told myself to get through the song. It's not like he was groping me or anything. After the song was overnight literally turned my back on him and tried to join the girls again. Which would have been fine except for the fact that the other members of my guy's group were dancing with my group! Pretty soon I found myself dancing with this guy again only dancing with my girls too. When that song ended he girls ditched me! I don't think they purposefully left me behind but they did. So I dance with this guy for like half ofthe next song and then he said he had to go. Which was more Than fine by me. I must have looked confused (even though I'm pretty sure me face read "please do leave!") because he proceeded to explain toe that he had a friend waiting outside by that he did want to get to know me. At this point I don't know how I kept from laughing. But I did. I reassured him it was fine and he left. First off, I definitely was not offended by him leaving. I was glad! Second, I went downtown to have fun, not to meet someone. I did not want to get to know him. Third, I'm pretty sure that "get to know you" was code for "see you naked". This most definitely was not going to happen! I mean, I give the guy points for trying. But does that line work on anyone?He obviously didn't actually want together to know me or he would have at least asked me my name. Oh boys... Haha. We stuck around for a little while longer but then finished up our night at Roddy's. This place was my favorite I think. Although it could be just because I was glad to get away from that guy. But it had a much more relaxed environment. It's a country bar :) We danced there a bit too and I did some lip syncing. Haha. We left at two when the bar closed and started looking for a taxi. My nameless guy appeared out of no where! I was too far away to hear anyhin he said but Denise yelled at him that we were gettin a taxi home. Alone. Haha. I lover her! We made it home safe and sound (after some sister drama). And that my friends, was my first downtown experience. So fun mixed with some drama and stalking. But hey, at least I lived! 

No comments: