Thursday, December 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo ends...

Geez! It's been awhile. NaNoWriMo has come to an end and I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things. It gave me an excuse not to clean house,cook,vlog,or do laundry. None of these thing have gotten since either. I have become addicted to Grey's Anatomy and that's what I've been doing in place of NaNoWriMo. I'm almost done with the fourth season! Back to the whole NaNoWriMo thing for a minute. I did win! I'm really proud of that with it being my first year and all. Writing 50,000 words was easier than I thought it was going to be. Yes sometimes I felt unmotivated, but for the most part it was awesome! Plus it helped keep me distracted from some personal things that happened this month. Having that goal helped me keep my mind off things. I may write about this some oher time. But for now I'll leave it at that. I really can't wait until next November to try again. This time I will have a better plan. This year I knew where my story was going, because I pretty much wrote out a story I had been writing in my head for years. The problem proved to be that I don't really like my main charater, I can't write dialouge, there were major plot holes, and I wrote it from the wrong point of view. You know, really minor things like that! Haha. I reached the word goal but did not finish the story. And I'm pretty sure I won't. It's just crapy writing. This is the first time I have attempted to write anything even close to this long, so it doesn't really bug me. It was a learning process and next year I'll be ready with a god plot line, character sketches, and hopefully better dialouge writing! Since I told basicaly everyone I know I was doing NaNoWriMo (so I wouldn't back out) people naturally want to read my story. I keep telling them no because it's really bad. I mean, did you see my reasons above? Obviously I don't want people reading that! But they don't understand. They are simply impressed by my attempt at writing a book (and rightly so) they're not factoring in that I'm not a proffesional writer (which sadly I am not). I even had a friend on facebook tell me that I should get my writing to where I  am comfortable with others reading it! At first I was put off but then I just had to laugh. That is kind o the goal. But obviously this person has never attepted to write a novel. I know the difference between good and bad writing. I do not want to let people read crap. That isn't fun for anyone. They wouldn't enjoy reading it and there isn't any constructive critism to be given. The best they could do is say, " wow this really doesn't work! There are some good spots but overall it's a mess." which I already know! So I don't really see the point in that excersice. Seems like a waste of time to me! Eventually I will write something I will let others read. Just not now. Oh! Totally off topic, but I got a formspring account! Go ask me ridiculous questions! http://formspringme.com/chrystieness I think that's all for now. Oh! Except I am at work and typing this on my new iPod touch, Luna, whom I absolutly love! Cheers!     

No comments: