Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting on track

So lately I've been thinking a lot about getting back on track with my life. This year is going to be all about it. True, I still have no idea what I want to do as far as careers go. So, I still don't know about going back to school. Although, for the record, I love school. I love being pushed to my potential. I love the stress, I thrive on it. I love having new experiences and learning new things. All of those things are great. What I don't love is having no direction in schooling, no end goal. When I dropped out of school, and still as of now, I lack that end goal. But I'm side tracking... This year I am going to focus on getting myself together.

This includes getting healthy. Which is what I'm focusing on right now. I've never really had to think about it. But now, living on my own, I find myself often eating fast food twice a day. Which is just, well, disgusting. I went grocery shopping today. I intend to cook and eat at least slightly healthier. Plus, I'm thinking this will actually save me money which is lovely.

Also, I am looking into joining a gym. I will be heading down to check one out tomorrow. It seems like a pretty good deal... the monthly dues are only $9.99/mo. I just have to go check out the atmosphere. I've never really liked gyms (this being said I've only even gone to one to actually work out) but I have no motivation to work out at home either. Gyms have fun cardio classes and that pays for itself with this membership! I'm hoping I will get addicted to working out like I get addicted to so many other things... they say it happens. yeah. them. Most people I know would argue with me that I don't need to lose weight. But the truth is I do. I know my body, and it is NOT healthy right now. I can feel it. I actually have a fairly petite frame, but not the body to match it. It's not about being skinny. It's about being healthy. Plus, working out can help boost my mood, energy, and relieve stress! I just need to put my mind to it. Sometimes easier said then done... but I'm going to work on it!

That's pretty much it for now. I'm going to work on the whole education thing. Perhaps I will start doing my own researching projects... I need something to stimulate me mind!


Books Read: 18

No comments: