Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm a salesperson???

I spent all of yesterday at a kid's fair. My parents are thinking about buying this business, so they helped promote it in this kid's fair. Now generally I think of myself as someone who keeps to themselves and doesn't really like meeting new people. I've always been aware that I wouldn't be a very good sales person. However, I was kind of proved wrong.
Since I knew I was going to be going to the kid's fair to help out my parents, I read up on all the company has to offer. I made sure I was informed. That's just the way I work. So, when we arrived at the fair, I helped set up, but then I stood outside the booth and talked to the parents who were walking by. My sister was doing nails, and few of the girls from the shop were spraying free hair color for the kids. I met a whole bunch of parents, explained what the company does, asked them if they'd ever been, told them where we were located, and got them to enter a drawing for a free birthday party. I also helped with the hair color, passed out tattoos, and lifted kid's in and out of chairs. Although this was a lot of work, it was also a lot of fun! I was kind of suprised actually. Plus, about half way through the day I realized that I was a pretty good sales woman. Weird!

After I got home, I started thinking about the day. As I've said before I don't really know what it is I want to do. I've thought about becoming a teacher a therapist. The reason I thought of these two careers is because I love helping people, especially kids and teens. But I've turned down those two jobs for a few different reasons. I would probably do good at either of those jobs. I'd probably like them. But I don't want to be either of them. Why? Because eventually I want to have my own kids. I think that they deserve to get my full attention and emotional investment. I happen to be a work-a-holic. If I was a teacher or a therapist I feel as though I would get so emotionally involved that I would take away from my personal life. Is that stupid? I don't know. But it's my thinking as of now. Perhaps I'll change my mind. But, doing the whole kid's fair yesterday made me think that maybe I could have a job that would help out kids and teens with a degree of removal. I don't know what that is yet. But maybe, just maybe, I have something here.


Book Read: 18

No comments: