Monday, March 22, 2010

My weekend

My weekend....
   It started off fine. I babysat on Friday and Saturday night. I had lunch with friends Saturday affternoon. But then came the dreaded Sunday. 
      I woke up and tried to check all my Internet stuff. The screen was frozen and nothing responded. So naturally I turned my computer off and back on. Instead of booting up, however, a gray screen with a blinking question mark folder appeared. I tried again; same thing. After some research I learned that my hard drive had crashed. I wanted to cry. I absolutely can not live without my mac. I love it so much! 
     My mac has had it's problems. After I first got it, the battery didn't work. That was irritating but not a major deal.  I later found out that Apple was doing a recall on them because they were defective but I was in school and couldn't afford to lose my computer for any amount of time. Then my cd drive stopped working. There is a cd that has been stuck in there for at least a year. But I didn't see this as major issue either. I had a USB drive, and bought my music directly from iTunes. But now the HD has crashed and it's useless. Plus, I don't have anything backed up; of course. But... I did just find out that maclife here in Boise is actually certified to do Apple repairs. This is good news! Also, apparently I bought a MacBook at the wrong time because Apple is now recalling the HD's in them too! Geez! But that should mean I get it replaced for free. Hopefully they'll be able to recover all my data. I'm not sure if they'll still replace my battery for free. I wish I would have known sooner about maclife.... What can you do?  We'll see what happens. 
    Now the mac drama would have been enough to ruin my weekend but of course when it rains it pours. I've been taking baths now for months because my shower was broken and I didn't want my dad to have to fix it again. But it finally slipped out and he came over to try and put a shower head in my bathtub as a temporary fix until he could fix my shower. In he process he broke my tub, which has apparently been leaking water for awhile. *sigh* He finally got them fixed with the help of a family friend who is a plumber. So I can now take showers again! 
   However, for a good few hours I was waterless and Internet-less (I don't think that's a word). I don't do well with things in my life being broken. If I can't personally fix something broken then I just live without if or buy a new thing. I don't like asking for help. It makes me feel inadequate. Which is stupid and irrational, but true none the less. So, to deal with it; I feel the need to flee. Now, I usually can't go far because I have responsibilities. I WANT to just get in my car and drive until I can't anymore. In this case I just went to the gym, let my dad fix it, and ran. Sometimes I find my self parked in the middle of nowhere doing what I call "dance therapy".
   It's funny because if you asked most people, they would say that I'm very consistent and reliable. I suppose I am; but if they only knew how flightly mind is and I wish I could be. It's ridiculous. I just want to be on a beach somewhere. Haha. I guess I should give myself points for not actually running.       
   I wish I was a more take control type of person. Someone who just dealt with problems right away and then was done. To be perfectly honest, I've actually gotten a lot better. Which almost is worse. Haha. You've got to have something to work on though, right? 

Books read: 19 
I'm currently waiting for Geektastic to show up on my doorstep. 

No comments: