Monday, May 18, 2009

So today I slept in... which was kinda nice but it was weird not getting up and going to church. Kayla and I decided to try the PM service which is probably the one we'll be switching to. There was not nearly as many people there. So that was kinda weird... but I still loved the message and atmosphere. PM will be good for us i think :) It was very hot today! summer is going to be crazy. I tried turning on my swamp cooler today but i really have no idea how to work it...it kind of works? i don't really know. I bought batteries for my tuner and Kayla tuned my guitar :) i need to practice more... teaching myself is not going well so far. I don't usually do well at things i have no clue about. Instead of just trying and seeing what works, i like to know exactly what i SHOULD be doing, the correct way. I'm a perfectionist. So, this is hard for me. But i think i'll figure it out. I need to get over it. It reminds me of the creative writing class i took my junior year. The teacher would just tell us to write something and not really explain what she wanted. We would just have to do the assignment hoping we were doing it right. Really there is no right or wrong way to creatively write but it took me awhile to get used to that way of thinking. I think my creativity is often cut short by the limitations of what i, or others, think is the "correct" way. Just because one way works doesn't make it the only possible solution. It's something i have a hard time dealing with. I like things black and white. simple and clear cut. I like things to be organized and have a place, a function. when lines become blurry and one thing can be used for something else, i panic. well, maybe not panic but it makes me uncomfortable. This is something I have to work on in real life too. I like to put people in boxes. My family separate from my friends. Work friends separate from school friends and life friends and church friends. I'm getting better... but i still need to work on it!

No comments: