Sunday, August 01, 2010

BEDA and life!

So... once upon a time I was planning on doing VEDA and then my computer broke down, so I decided to push that back until August. August is here and it comes with so many changes in my life that VEDA is no longer a priority. However, I have decided (right now) that I am going to do BEDA also known as blog every day in August. So here we are!
A lot has changed since my last blog entry. Which is pretty much what I write every time I actually blog. But for reals thing time. My last blog entry I was feeling pretty sorry for myself but not wanting to do much about it. But I did! With the help of one of my closest friends, Kayla.
Kayla, my friend Allee, and I took a road trip up to Portland to see the Roflcoptour. Which, by the way, was sooo much fun. I wish I had actually wrote a whole blog post about it, but I did not and now is not the time to go into detail. Anyways, on that trip Kayla and I got into a discussion about our spiritual lives. Both of us have grown up in Christian families and we're both believers. However, during our college years we've both started putting God on the back burner and trying to lead our own lives. Or at least I know I have. I won't speak for Kayla. We both decided we needed to get plugged in somewhere.
We'd been going to The Pursuit on and off for quite some time and decided to see if they had a college group. Just to show how serious we were about this, we actually decided we would start a college group if they didn't have one. But they do! We were so excited. The very first week we went I felt God moving in the group. I already feel pretty much at home. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me. Also, we have made it a priority to go to church regularly. I have so much work to do with God but for the first time in a long time I'm actually trying :) I can't wait to see what he has in store for me.
On top of that we've started the px90 workout routine. It is seriously intense. You workout for at least and hour six times a week! everyday is something different. So far I think plyometrics is the hardest... and we only have kenpo left before we've done all of them. But we are sticking with it for 90 days to get healthier bodies. I can't wait!
Other than that I have just been praying about my job. I have worked at the same place since I was a senior in high school. It will be five years this month! I've never worked anywhere else, so it has definitely been my comfort zone. But lately I have been feeling burnt out. I don't know if it's just the room I work in or the batch of kids I have right now (they are particularly challenging) or if I need to just do something else. Perhaps I need to go back to school?I just don't know. But I am unsettled. I want to be where God wants me to be and not in my comfort zone.
I am going to head to bed now as I have to work tomorrow but I will be posting here again then! :) Oh how I love to make last minute commitments.

No comments: