Monday, November 09, 2009

a day full of brunch

So... it's like 1:00 in the morning and I'm heading to bed right after this. Today I woke up and went to my parents house to have brunch with them, my sister, and her boyfriend. I was actually really nice and per usual my mom made way too much food. Then I kind of just stuck around. I had so much to do today but I just stayed. My sister had plans to die my mom's hair and we had to go pick up hair dye. I decided to have her do mine too and now my hair is a nice auburn color! so yay for that. It took awhile, we just took our time. I actually had a lot of fun hanging out with them today. Not that my family isn't interesting it's just that usually I would rather be doing something else. My sister and I got along pretty well and we even had a few laughing fits. We talked about things we used to do as kids. We focused on the positive. It mostly consisted of us chatting about our weird movie tastes as kids. For instance some of our favorites included: The Dark Crystal,Happily Ever After,Fern Gully, Little Nemo,and Hocus Pocus. Yeah, we were strange children.

I came home with the need to clean house, vlog, and write. I ended up writing )though not as much as I wanted), watching Grey's Anatomy, and straightening my hair. Fail on the vlogging. Hopefully things will go smoothing for that tomorrow. Seriously, I am crossing my fingers.

As far as NaNoWriMo goes, I am slowing down considerably. I was on such a role! I'm still ahead, just not where I wanted to be. I really wanted to be half way done by tonight. It was nice to find out through all my pep talks that the second week is infamously the worst one. So, I am not alone. Tomorrow I plan on having a very productive writing/cleaning night. Hopefully it will go as planned. I think part of the reason the second week is so hard is that you've moved past introducing your character and have started the plot, but you get caught up on gaining momentum to move the plot to the end of the story. At least this is the case with me. My middle of the story is lagging in content. It's the "everything's happy" part of the story that is kind of hard to show. I want to just skip ahead to the conflict and then resolve it. But, i have character's personalities to build and get to know you's to do. That is the middle section. So not as fun as the beginning or end!

Also, the chartjackers song came out today! I'm really excited to see how it does. Even if it doesn't make it into the charts at least money is going to charity. To be perfectly honest I really do adore the song though! It's pretty awesome :) If you don't know what I'm talking about visit http://www.youtube.com/ChartJackersProject to find out more. It's a great story of how the internet community can come together for good! You can find "I've Got Nothing" the ChartJacker's single on itunes.

okay, for realsies now I'm heading to bed!

NaNoWriMo word count: 19,233 (still fairly awesome)

Days to my birhtday: 6

No comments: