Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween and pre-writing

I'm hurriedly typing this because I really REALLY need to start writing on my NaNoWriMo novel. But for some reason I felt the need to blog first. Maybe to put my mind at rest before I start in on my novel. Halloween was really fun. I helped my mom plan this big party and had this really awesome costume:



I am a zombie bride. I was really excited about this costume and it turned out pretty freakin awesome!

Kayla and I went to help my mom set up for the party and help with food. Then we came back to my house and got ready. Thanks so much to Kayla because she basically saved my hair for the costume. I fail at curling hair. haha. We arrived at my parent house with plenty of time to spare and set up music. I've been sick this week so my head was pounding. I took some meds though and got to feeling pretty good after I had a few drinks. I turned to Kayla about mid way in the party (we were sitting on the couch) and said "I don't know why I thought this was going to be fun". We had virtually done nothing and we didn't really know anyone. There was only one game planned (pull an apple off a string that is hanging from a tree). This is not the way I usually plan parties. But I was only helping. Kayla, my sister, her boyfriend, their roomate, and I found ourselves upstairs and playing cards. I love cards and so far that was the funnest part of the night. After that we headed back down stairs and the dancing begun. I'm not a big club/hip-hop music dancing kinda girl. I perfer techno/dancy music that i can jump up and down and twirl to. haha. but it was fun. If you know me you know I'm pretty crazy sometime and as proved last night I get that from my mom. haha. but it was awesomely fun! I did however, over exert myself and ended having quite a few coughing fits. Out of that I ended up with a bruised rib. *sigh* but it was worth it. Kayla and I came back to my house and watched Hocus Pocus and then went to bed. All in all it was an awesome night :)

NaNoWrimo word count:0!!!! I am leaving to go write write write! wish me luck! my couch is becoming my home for the next month.

No comments: